Thursday, August 21, 2008

The People and I

Many friendships can last or be destroyed. Some are significant and some are less relevant. Being in a relationship can alter the best of friends. Loss of communication leads to total withdrawal. I’ve come to realize that the words of my father are more or less true to a certain extent. A great example would be him saying to only have a few good friends that are trustworthy. I have listened to him graciously thinking I wouldn’t disobey or disrespect any of his advice. I suffer having great friends built on time and space. Being in different schools as a child from 1st through 4th grade and 6th has it’s consequences on building anything for that matter. Middle school was a breeze and my views on life as a whole was changed by way of the environment I was put through. The kids I knew all parted ways entering high school and keeping in touch with them was difficult, let alone ever seeing them again. High school was great, don’t get me wrong, girls becoming young adults in the span of four years and testosterone levels are raging at an all time high. Again, by way of the environment I use to dwell had it’s fair share of unique characters whom outlook in life in itself wasn’t so aspiring nor engaging. By 4th year in high school, I broke my ties with less motivated individuals and ventured out into the working world dumbfounded by wanting to gain work experience while trying to maintain a less healthy college level education. This sums up the people I’ve met thus far and upon the many a years to come, being isolated isn’t so bad for a grim year or two.

No comments: