Monday, December 8, 2008

Not Quite

She waves like a branch from a tree and her hands are loosely shiverin' from the cold cut leads. A perfect smile to match false hope in denial. Thinkin' about the world's worst child. What he did, why he skid, it's deconstruction on purpose to smear off the kid. Not quite fully grown, but the maturity level has shown. What comes to mind is who's next to phone. Answer a call to you, the Almighty God I choose. Is there anything to prove, you tell me, I'm through. The wicked and the wise, the picket fence and lies. American dream with a gangsta lean, you wondered why. The boy is out the hood, but really, is he out for good. A simple yes will do for now, but it boils down on layers of that guy. Clean slate from here on out, we need fate, hope, faith, slopes, the takes it takes to cope. You betta shoot for go for broke. No matter how hard it smokes, the trail is blazed with notes. Mistakes can be what makes you, cuz the perfect person may rape truth. Drill this in your head, and eat up the shit I did, cuz this is who I is, or the person whom I'm willing to be. I cannot forgive myself enough to stash the dirty history.

No comments: