Monday, September 22, 2008

Dirty Laundry

The old local complex laundromat is notorious for engaging in illegal activities. At such a young age was I exposed to bad habits influenced by older cats. My first tattoo was finished in there (when I was 12) and the tools of a crime I did not participate in but labeled an accomplice to, was dropped in there. First came the 40 oz. OE and St. Ives, Silver Satin, then stress sacks moved onto mid greens and chronic, after that I fumbled with methamphetamines for just a few months in the span of a couple of years. All in a little room provided for the tenants, housed attempts to break in and steal the quarters that ate nonstop once in a long while. The electric breaker that powered the lights in front of the complex and everyone's door was shut off and on vicariously. The joy of a rebellious youth matures sooner than a young hip adult with no prior experience.

No comments: