Sunday, September 21, 2008

Summers Past

I can't help but sit here and explain a debacle I have going on this very moment from early on this year. Just before the economy started getting weak last year quarter 2-3, I was laid off from a company that employs nationwide. I then was given a choice to file for unemployment (which I did) and look for jobs (which I received) nearing the end of 3rd quarter. It wasn't a problem until a few fellow acquaintances started taking advantage of my generosity during my two month break last summer. I payed my bills and had savings to pay the following month in the event I do not get hired elsewhere. So, long story short, I've partied hard those available days and evening knowing what I knew then, that I was heading downhill from being around those guys on a daily(nothing against ya'll, my judgement was clouded). My escape from the harsh reality, so it seems, was to drink my frustrations away and somehow lead to what I thought I would never get into again, drugs. Not that I haven't experienced them before but to get into a semi habit of tokin' was ill fated. Things started getting harry and my conscience snowballed into a catasrophic life changing event altogether. The choices I had started getting slimmer and by the time I realized what big a mess I got myself into was too late to back track and attack verbally and set things straight. This led me on a journey to clean my act up on the months ahead clearing my conscience from anything that I deemed unworthy to deal with.

No comments: