Sunday, September 7, 2008

Zune

I just got the Zune 8gb in black and I'd like to do a short consumer review. First off, the packaging approach put forth from Microsoft is something unique as it adds an artful and sleek welcoming intro. The simple and intuitive functions of sync and software available for download at zune.net/setup is a way to stay connected with content via web and interact "socially" with fellow Zuners. Now for the product itself, I'm impressed with how the touch sensitive control is quite simplistic and really responsive. There's even an option to turn touch off for a more accurate press and click scheme if thats your style. It's light and feels fragile yet seems sturdy if taken care properly. This is perfect for someone like myself as I would have not like to jog or run with the larger 80gb and 120gb respectively. The preinstalled content is an extra for someone who does not like scrounging around for wallpaper or in this case, a background, the default is cool enough for me. The FM player is mediocre and delivers what any other ordinary device with an FM tuner would have w/o the antenna extension. Overall, this is a great product for an ordinary Microsoft user like myself and while not a fanboy of any specific type, like it or not, it's well designed.

No comments: