Friday, September 19, 2008

Soul Crush

Would you consider a person dispicable for having done wrong once at an early age into adulthood relating to relationship matters? Is it too extreme to label someone in your books a "cheater" because of one incident? How would you go about proving a changed person by simply asking or believing in their words? I ask these questions because I was that young adult who committed such a horrible thing. Despite the guilt, I have confessed to the young woman I was dating. It was bottled up and whirling in my head, the vivid words of wrong doing shot out from my lungs expressing a forbidden plea. She gasped in awe, tears trickling, emotions climbing, heart wrenching, gut crunching, and I cringed disgracefully. Looking at her poor soul smashed from words no one ever wants to hear set the tone straightforward into victim mode. I cannot say it was difficult to have said those things but to live an ongoing lie and secret was something I'm not down with. I do not feel good about what took place but, crushing a heart is the worst anyone can do to someone else whether unintentionally or otherwise. My views and goals have changed, I accomplished a few and many are bound to come. I believe everyone deserves a second chance of redeeming themselves to be accepted for forgiveness and moving on carrying the idea that change is for the good of self improvement. I would like to argue to anyone that “once a cheater, always a cheater” is not exactly true based on exercising the transition. If you feel obliged to answer those mistakes and erase some names from the bad list to not so bad then seeing is believing on top of building a rather unique trust that shows a slight interest to sustaining the prior relationship towards that person.

No comments: