Monday, September 1, 2008

Econ Rant

I’ve been living under a rock for a couple of months now, since the start of summer actually and for the first time I can see what the economic impact has on the citizens of our great land. Never have I felt “alone” in a city before while pumping gas at the 76 station. There were no one else, and usually, from past experience at least one other person or two are pumping. This to me has not only showed what a weak “recession” we’re having but it demonstrates the reality of it. Democrats are pushing for a second stimulus check, but I doubt that it’ll go through since there is a price to be paid for and money given away for free at a cost does not happen this often. Honestly, if the good people that were handing out unemployment checks to begin with only took it serious in the 4th quarter of last year then, I am a victim of being unable to collect those so called Social Security Income. I’m past the anger and frustration stages of when they rejected me since last summer, otherwise I’d still be collecting with the added extension in which news broke and pissed me off even more. Not that I refuse to look for a job, I have, it’s just no one were accepting at that time and many other companies started cutting people loose. I paid my taxes and have not seen a dime in return. It’s well over a year now and really, I mean really, I’ve suffered enough of it. I would have not enjoyed receiving money for sitting on my ass all day so it doesn’t mean much to me, just the sheer fact that what I gave to the government never made it back to me as promised when an event like this occurs. I’m taking a new direction in life as of yet and still waiting patiently to pursue it in hopes of an early date for me to actually go forth and obtain it. From hectic and uber busy to calm and slow is a change I’m not willing to accept any longer. Cheers.

No comments: