Monday, November 3, 2008

In Betweener

Father of mines, I'll give it to ya proper in time. For now, my conscience is blind. What you see of me comes naturally unkind. I dislike my state of mind, no one can try to ever find. You've held it down with me on the decline, my facial frown is caught on rewind. I'd never thought you'd see me this way, sure, walk with me and don't stray. You box me in with no pay, how can I live to next day. My only choices are obvious, they're reminders of all of this, me, what I've become, what I should do to get things done. Your few words go unsung in my head it hasn't rung. The bell that I strike is the head of my life, no one taught me anything, I just saw what I shouldn''t be, you, the abandoning. I sensed it from the start, only God knows my heart and will try me for my part, your justice is me, going on to be free. I done do what I want whenever I flaunt, cuz of you it's the jaunt, that I see so staunch. Let go of the puss, that's not the only thing that's cush, even I can hold it off, can't you see, I'm falling aloft. The pit is higher than usual, so I'm fallling on top, the top of the bottom, right below the losers, this is where I land, just above the users.

No comments: